Family, Relationships and Divorce Lawyers London
Relationship breakdown is a major life event. This will often involve complex legal issues as to the division of a couple's financial resources and making proper financial provision for children. LZW Law will act in a professional legal manner with your family law needs, working in the most timely, efficient and cost-effective way.
LZW Law Looking After Your Families Legal Needs
- Deal with cases with the aim of ensuring that costly protracted arguments are avoided
- Work with you to achieve a negotiated settlement - proceeding to a contested final court hearing only as a the last resort
- Act immediately to protect assets
- Focus on the key issues and address any misconceptions about how the law treats finances on divorce
Living Together - Cohabit and Property Lawyers
There are different rules when a relationship ends for those couples that live together (cohabit), particularly as to rights in property. We guide our clients through their rights and remedies.
The Civil Partnership Act 2004 remedies many of the injustices that committed same-sex couples face in a number of areas. These include inheritance, pensions, next-of-kin, and the right to make key medical decisions. We advise you about registration, and pre-registration agreements.
Children's Issues In Family Law
We deal with issues relating to children including:
- Where the children will live and go to school
- What happens if one parent wants to take the children to live abroad
- The rights of grandparents
- Cases with an international element and abduction
Going to Court
We discuss with you the various options and by the use of collaboration and/or mediation help to achieve a negotiated resolution of differences both financial and in relation to the children.
Sometimes court proceedings are unavoidable, and if that becomes necessary we guide you through the process, working in the most timely, efficient and cost-effective way.
How long will it take?
The timescale to complete any process differs from case to case, and each case is as individual as the next. By offering expert, practical and realistic advice we aim to reduce any tension and hostility to enable the client to focus on the future.